Welcome to Kraken Corgi! We offer dog care tips, dog training advice, and more!
Making the decision to bring home a Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy into your home can be a great joy. The fact that you have chosen to get (in my opinion) one of the best breeds of canine is already a plus. Giving your new Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy a loving home and proper care will turn your puppy into an affectionate and loving companion to everyone in your family. You should prepare for the puppy before bringing it home. There are a few things you will be needing and having the supplies on hand before bringing the puppy home will make the transition smoother. The following is a checklist of some basic supplies you will be needing for your Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy:
Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy Supplies
- Adjustable dog collar or harness – If you are worried about a collar harming your puppy then get a harness.
- Dog leash – There are a few options available, either a traditional leash or a retractable leash, either type is fine.
- Dog name tag – This will be attached to your puppy’s collar or harness. While a dog name tag isn’t essential to caring for your dog. It’s best to have one on your corgi puppy in case the puppy wanders off or finds a way out of your backyard. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Small bell for the collar or harness – Puppies can be very quiet and having a bell on your puppy will make you more aware of where he or she is located, a bell will also prevent people from accidentally stepping on the corgi puppy. The bell should be able to attach securely to your puppy’s collar or harness so there isn’t any chance of the Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy accidentally choking on the bell.
- Dog crate – Using a dog crate to potty train your puppy is the easy method of dog potty training. The crate will also be a safe place for your Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy to sleep or stay in while you are away from the house.
- Puppy safe dog toys – Puppies love to play and having a few toys on hand will keep your puppy’s mind stimulated.
- Puppy food – It’s best to get the same brand of puppy food the puppy is used to eating. Feeding your puppy the same brand of food will lesson the chance of your new puppy getting an upset stomach. Before bringing your puppy home, check with the Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy breeder and find out what brand and type of food the puppy is currently eating.
- Water and Feeding Area – An area in your home dedicated to where you puppy will be eating and drinking water. You will also need a watering bowl and a feeding bowl. Remember puppies are clumsy so get a watering bowl that the puppy can’t knock over or you will have a watery mess on the floor a few times a day.
- Puppy food storage bin – This is a seal-able bin to keep your puppy’s food nice and fresh.
- Dog shampoo – We like oatmeal dog shampoo because it is mild. You will need dog shampoo because puppies have a way of getting into messes and needing a bath.
Lupine 1/2-Inch Puppy Love 8-12-Inch Adjustable Dog Collar for Small Dogs
3 total customer reviews...
Midwest Life Stages Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate, 36 Inches by 24 Inches by 27 Inches
1,239 total customer reviews...
Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy – Vet Check
After getting your new puppy, you should schedule an appointment with the vet. This will be a general check up type of appointment to make sure your puppy is in good condition. During the vet check you should inquire about micro chipping your new Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy.