Welcome to Kraken Corgi! We offer dog care tips, dog training advice, and more!
Your dog doesn’t have to be a Corgi to love dog cookie recipes. My dog Bella happens to LOVE hand made dog treats from specialty shops but these dog cookies are about $1.50 each, so I decided to learn how to make dog treats and save myself some money. The following dog cookie recipes both have peanut butter or peanuts in the recipes, which dogs seem to love.
Dog Cookie Recipes – How to Make Dog Treats
This first recipe was a big hit with my Corgi. What I liked about the dog cookie recipe is how easy it was to make and I already had all the ingredients on hand. When making these cookies, I didn’t even bother to make them look nice and Bella didn’t seem to mind at all.
Peanut Butter Dog Cookie Recipes
- 1 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/8 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Peanut Butter Dog Cookie Recipe Directions:
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine the whole wheat flour and the unbleached flour and set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl combing the water, peanut butter and the vegetable bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. The mixture will be a big dough ball. At this point you will have to get your hands dirty and kneed the last bit of flour into the dough.
- Let the dough ball rest for 10 minutes.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, roll out the peanut butter dog cookie dough until its about 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut the dough into whatever shape you want. You can use cookie cutters or just free hand it with a butter knife. Any left over dough scraps can be re-rolled to make even more cookies.
- Transfer the dog cookies to an un-greased cookie sheet and score the tops of the cookies with a fork, this will allow steam to escape while the cookies are cooking.
- Bake cookies for 25 – 35 minutes, turning a few times or as needed. When done cookies should feel hard. Ovens vary and you may need to cook the dog cookies longer or for less time.
- Store cooled cookies in an air tight container.
This next recipe is one of my favorite dog cookie recipes. I like this recipe because it’s a drop dog cookie recipe, which means you won’t have to roll out the dough.
Easy Peanut Oat Dog Cookies
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup oats – quick cooking or old fashioned
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Easy Peanut Butter Dog Cookie Recipe Directions:
- Set oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium sized bowl with a mixer, cream the sugar and vegetable shortening. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry flour mixture into the sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in peanuts.
- Drop cookies on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 1 teaspoon each.
- Bake the cookies for 30 – 40 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of baking check the dog cookies frequently to make sure they aren’t over cooking. Cookies will be a light brown.
- When cookies are done, turn off the oven. The cookies will continue to harden in the hot oven. Let the cookies sit in oven overnight.
- Store cookies in an air tight container.
If your dog likes peanuts or peanut butter then they will likely love the above recipes.
Are you looking for more dog cookie recipes? Here are some great resources for many different types of dog cookie recipes.
The Ultimate Dog Treat Cookbook: Homemade Goodies for Man's Best Friend
49 total customer reviews...
Three Dog Bakery Cookbook: Over 50 Recipes for All-Natural Treats for Your Dog
70 total customer reviews...
If you don’t have time to make your own dog cookie recipes, there are many great dog cookies on the market, here are some which my dog Bella loves:
Blue Dog Bakery Natural Low Fat Dog Treats, Assorted Flavors, 20-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
121 total customer reviews...
Castor & Pollux Organix Dog Cookies, Peanut Butter Flavor, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)
31 total customer reviews...
Learning how to make dog treats isn’t hard or complicated if you use dog cookie recipes with simple ingredients.
How Other People Found This Page:
- corgi training treats
- drop cookies for dogs recipe
- how to make a booth to sell homemade dog treats
- how to make drool drop cookies for dogs recipe