Welcome to Kraken Corgi! We offer dog care tips, dog training advice, and more!
Are you looking for a homemade dog urine odor removal solution to get rid of eliminating pet odors on your carpets? If you have pets of any kind, sooner or later, there are going to be accidents. If you have a puppy or older dog, there are likely to be frequent accidents. Here a list of some easy homemade dog urine odor removal methods for carpet.
The following methods of removing pet odor from carpet are effective and inexpensive. A word of caution first. Before attempting any method of dog urine odor removal (homemade or store bought) from your carpet, make sure, whatever the solution you decide to use doesn’t stain, bleach or ruin your carpet. Play it safe and do a test spot in a closet or somewhere a stain won’t be noticeable.
Dog Urine Odor Removal Solutions for Carpets
- Borax Powder – Sprinkle borax powder on the stinky spot and rub it in. Let the borax sit at least 30 minutes and then vacuum up. You can find borax in the laundry isle of your local Walmart. It’s very cheap pet odor removal method and worth a try.
- Listerine or Scope mouth wash – Combine 2 parts water and 1 part Listerine.
For example – 2 cups water, 1 cup Listerine. Spray this solution on the stinky carpet and allow it to completely dry.
- Baking Soda – Make a baking soda paste by combining baking soda and water into a paste. Rub this paste into the stinky areas of carpet. Let the paste completely dry and then vacuum up.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda can also be sprinkled all over you carpet, let it sit about 30 minutes or so and the vacuum up. Your house will smell fresher, with weekly use you can eliminate pet odors.
- Baking Soda – Sprinkle baking soda over the carpet and then rub it into the carpet with a broom. Allow the baking soda to sit overnight and then vacuum.
- White Vinegar - You’ll need a steam cleaner for this method. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water. Pour this solution on the pee spots and let it sit for at least 30 minutes and then suck up the excess liquid with the steam cleaner. The idea here, is for the vinegar/water solution to sink down through your carpet and into the carpet pad.
- White Vinegar – Pour white vinegar straight onto the pee spot. Make sure the vinegar covers the entire spot. You want to saturate through the carpet to the carpet pad.
- Cheap Vodka – Put cheap vodka in a spray bottle and spray the stinky carpet spots.
- Cornstarch – On fresh urine spots – To get all the pee up out of the carpet, pour a pile of cornstarch on the pee spot. The cornstarch will absorb the urine out of the carpet.
Making Your Own Dog Urine Odor Removal Cleaners
Dog Urine Odor Removal Solution #1
2 cups of hydrogen peroxide
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon liquid dish soap
Gently combine the ingredients in a glass bowl, dissolving the baking soda. Pour the solution over the pee spots and allow to dry over night. Vacuum the carpet when it’s completely dry. If the odor is still present, repeat the process all over again until the odor is gone.
Dog Urine Odor Removal Solution #2
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
4 drops liquid dish soap
Combine ingredients into a glass bowl, stirring gently. Pour the solution over the stinky spots on the carpet and let sit at least 15 minutes. Plot up the excess moisture.
Dog Urine Odor Removal Solution #3
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
Gently combine the ingredients. Pour the solution over the stinky carpet and allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes. Blot up the excess moisture with an old towel.
Dog Urine Odor Removal Solution #4
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup simple green
1 teaspoon liquid dish soap
Combine the ingredients in a spray bottle and use as a spot cleaner. Spray on carpet and then blot with paper towels or towels.
Make Your own Carpet Deodorizer Powder
1/2 cup backing soda
1/2 cup cornstarch
12 drops of essential oil fragrance (optional but smells good)
Combine all ingredients and then sprinkle your homemade carpet deodorizer powder on your carpets. Let it sit at least 30 minutes and then vacuum.
I recommend using one of the dog urine odor removal solutions containing white vinegar. When the carpet has dried, sprinkle with baking powder and leave over night, and then vacuum. Your house should smell fresh. If you can still smell vinegar, it will dissipate within a few days, removing pet odor from carpet.
If nothing seems to be working to get rid of the dog pee smell then I highly recommend trying Kids N Pets. It’s inexpensive and works!
Crate training is the easiest method of potty training a puppy or adult dog. Some dogs can crate train in 7 days or less!
You can find more dog urine odor removal methods that work by clicking the link.
How Other People Found This Page:
- how to get rid of dog pee smell in carpet
- how to get rid of dog urine smell on carpet
- getting rid of dog urine smell in carpet
- removing dog urine smell from carpet
- get rid of dog urine smell in carpet